‘The ultimate 10 minute Pesto Pasta with Asparagus and Sun Dried Tomato – the quickest and most delicious homemade meal your taste buds are gonna LOVE’
Yep, homemade pesto and all. The mortar and pestle shot is just a pretty face (guilty), but with the use of our dear friend ‘food processor’ this dish is gonna go down in under 10 minutes. Are you ready for the 10 minute pesto pasta challenge?
For real, pop your pasta in boiling water and by the time it’s finished you’re ready to go. A quick toast of the pine nuts, no more than 1 minute to chuck everything in the processor to blend and a speedy fry of the asparagus and sun dried tomato just to soften them. The time/taste trade off for this neat little dish is truly is amazing.
This recipe is actually inspired by a combination of a few dishes I’ve been devouring lately. The pesto inspired by Avocado, Rocket Pesto Pasta and the Sun Dried Tomato aspect comes from one of my fav quick fix dinners Penne Alfredo with Bacon and Sundried Tomato. This dish as a whole has some beautiful flavours and some even more gorgeous textures. I love throwing in some bocconcini for a smooth creamy touch and mixing some toasted pine nuts for a nice little crunch. The tender asparagus, the silky pesto, UGH so tasty.
The quantities below are gonna give you a pretty big batch. Fantastic opportunity to feed 4+ or even chuck in the fridge for tomorrow’s lunch. You could even cut the pasta, use half the pesto and drizzle the rest over a caprese salad or a nice chunky chicken breast. That reminds me, Tomato and Fried Mozzarella Stack anyone? Okay, so many pesto dreams too little time.
Let’s tuck into the recipe shall we? Let me know how you get on folks and I’ll catch you on the next post. Your time, starts, NOW!
The ultimate 10 minute Pesto Pasta with Asparagus and Sun Dried Tomato - the quickest and most delicious homemade meal your taste buds are gonna LOVE
- 12.2 oz (350g) Pasta
- 2 Big Handfuls of Fresh Basil
- 1/2-2/3 cups (100-150ml) of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 cup (50g) Shredded Parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 4 tbsp Toasted Pine nuts
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- 1 Bunch on Asparagus sliced into 1/4 (woody tip removed)
- 10-12 Sun Dried Tomatoes sliced
- 5.5 oz (150g) Cherry Bocconcini Balls
- Pop your Pasta in salted boiling water and cook until al dente (9-10 mins)
- If you haven't already, lightly toast your Pine Nuts on high heat for around 30 seconds until dark golden brown. Pop your Basil, Garlic, Parmesan, Lemon Juice, Seasoning and half of your Pine nuts into a food processor. Pulse until blended and continue slowly adding your Olive Oil until desired texture. Check for seasoning/lemon juice etc and adjust accordingly.
- Add a dash of oil to a pan and begin fry your Asparagus. When it just begins to char, add your Sun Dried Tomatoes and fry for a further minute or so just to soften.
- By this point your Pasta will be cooked. Drain and empty into the pan with your Asparagus and Sun Dried Tomatoes. Stir in your Pesto, leftover Pine nuts and Bocconcini Balls. Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan.
I like to stir in a tbsp or so of the Sun Dried Tomato oil right at the end to really enhance those beautiful flavours.
Cheers guys, this has been ‘The Ultimate 10 Minute Pesto Pasta ’ Comment, share, do whatever you fancy but for crying out loud don’t go bacon my heart. See you next time 🙂